This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lantau Island, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Your friendly guide and expert driver will collect you from pick up point and transport you to the express ferry that will take you across Hong Kong Harbor to the shores of Lantau Island.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha), Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
On arrival on Lantau Island, head to Cheung Sha Beach—the longest beach in the area—on a comfortable coach bus, then tour the fishing village of Tai O, where you’ll see traditional stilted home and learn more about daily local life. This Lantau Island Giant Buddha Day Trip from Hong Kong will then take you to the top of Ngong Ping Plateau where you’ll see the Tian Tan Buddha at Po Lin Monastery. This famous statue stretches more than 111 fee t (34 meters) high and is the largest seated, outdoor bronze Buddha on earth. Take a tour of Big Buddha and the Po Lin Monastery and savor a typical vegetarian meal at the monastery. This magnificent day ends as you travel from the mountain top by Ngong Ping 260 sky rail cable car to the Ngong Ping Plateau. The 25-minute trip offers up some of the most spectacular natural views and is not to be missed. Once you’ve arrived at Tung Chung Village you’ll make your way back to Hong Kong Island or Kowloon by coach.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Time: 7:50 AM
Departure Point: Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up from selected downtown hotels is offered for this tour.
Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 7:50 AM
- Local English speakling guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- One-way ferry
- 25-minute Ngong Ping Cable Car Ride
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 1
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 2 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is not recommended for elderly or disabled passengers due to restricted access on and off the ferryboat and Ngong Ping cable car. Not wheelchair accessible
Not wheelchair accessible
Service animals allowed
Infants must sit on laps
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Customers are required to confirm exact pick up point for tour with local service provider at least 24 hours prior to date booked.
Cable car will be subject to operational and weather conditions, in the event of the when the cable is not available it will be replaced with a coach transfer.
With immediate affect the Ngong Ping Cable Car is not in operation. Cable car ride will be replaced with a coach transfer.
This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults to operate. If minimum numbers are not met tour will be cancelled.
Most travelers can participate
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
All travellers are required to wear their masks throughout the tour.
Social distancing measures will be followed as per local government's advice.