Updated on 20:28,Apr 30,2022 UTC+8
Flights to Auckland
- Next Weekend
- This Month
- Next Month
Crossed out prices are calculated based on the average price of the corresponding route on Trip.com.
Auckland is one of the beautiful cities located in New Zealand. Auckland is the major city on North Island. Auckland is considered as one of the world's most livable cities and secured the third rank in Mercer Quality of Living Survey in the year 2019. Auckland is located on two Harbors namely Manukau and Waitemata. It is called "City of Sails" as many boat sails in the city. The climate of Auckland is warm and humid, and rain occurs for a limited time. Auckland is built on a sequence of latent volcanos.
Reaching Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland International Airport Limited is one of the busiest airports in New Zealand. Auckland Internationals is also the largest airport in New Zealand. Auckland airport is in Ray Emery Drive, Mangere. Singapore Airland, SilkAir Airlines, Emirates, Srilankan Airlines, and Air India flights fly to Auckland New Zealand. The direct flight to Auckland, New Zealand is very few. You need not apply for Visa if you are an Australian citizen and UK residents can stay up to six months without a visa. Except for these two cases, rest all should apply for Visa. If you are traveling from Asia, SriLankan airlines and Air India provide cheap flight services to reach Auckland, NZ.
Time to reach Auckland, New Zealand
The time taken to reach Auckland will differ based on the airlines booked. If you are traveling through direct flights it will take 17 hours 15 mins to Auckland. If you are traveling through connecting flights the time may differ from 25 hours to 45 hours depending on the stops and waiting period in between flights.
Auckland, New Zealand – Popular places, Food, Shopping, and accommodation.
Auckland is the hotspot for tourists in New Zealand. Auckland welcomes tons of travelers in a year and ensures the tourists are entertained to the fullest and dream to visit again. Auckland is an ideal place for art and culture lovers, Food fans, Beach lovers, Adventures, Museum, Monuments and many more. Below are the popular places to see during your visit to Auckland.
1. Waitemata Harbor – Waitemata Harbor is one of the popular Nature attractions in Auckland. It is in Quay Street, City Center. It's a charming place to explore a range of shopping, adventures, entertainment, and dining.
2. Auckland War Memorial Museum – Auckland war Museum is one of the must-visit in Auckland. Built-in 1852, the War Memorial Museum is dedicated to all the soldiers of New Zealand who fought in World War 1. The museum also has the collection of artifacts and New Zealand Natural heritage. Tourist guides are available to explain about the Museum articles and history.
3. Auckland Art Gallery – Art gallery in Auckland is a treasure displaying more than 15 thousand artworks. It is in Wellesley Street E, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010. You can find a café to eat and an outlet for shopping near the art gallery.
4. Waiheke Island – Waiheke is one of the beautiful Islands in Auckland. It is in Hauraki Gulf, nearly 8,000 residents are living on this Island. Waiheke Island is the hub for art galleries with thriving café culture. This Island is full of clear water with many white-sand beaches. Travelers interested in hiking can find various options to explore.
5.Sea Life Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium – Aqua animals' fans have a wonderful opportunity to get close and personal with life inside the water. Tarltons Aquarium is a gigantic aquarium build through tunnel walkways where you see sharks, stingrays, a variety of fishes and much more. Kelly aquarium is also a house for Antarctic snow-filled penguins.
6. Auckland City Center Architecture – Located right in the city center, it was built in 1911. Auckland Townhall has a very attractive Marble frontage. You should also watch the High court of Auckland popular for its richly decorated brickwork, towers, and ornaments.
Accommodation in Auckland – Hotels and Homestay.
Airedale Boutique Suites – It is one of the luxury hotels in Auckland. Along with accommodation, they offer gym and spa facilities (extra cost). It is a 4-star hotel.
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbor – It's one of the beautiful hotels in Auckland. This hotel has modern rooms, an indoor swimming pool, classic dining and offers spa service (extra cost). The hotel is located next to the harbor.
Kiwi Heritage Homestay – Kiwi homestay is located on West Coast Road, Glen Eden. It's a guest house that offers Terrace, a shared lounge and serves free breakfast. It is one of the top-rated homestays and is budget-friendly.
Mersa Homestay – Mersa offers a very homely atmosphere for all the visitors. They take care of all the meals of the day for the guest and the family and arrange BBQ on the last night of the stay for the guest.
Host Families, New Zealand – This homestay offers accommodation to the families of the visitors and for the students who visit Auckland for studies. It is on Albert Street, Auckland.
Shopping at Auckland
There are many places you can spend your cash on shopping in Auckland
Britomart – It is one of the colorful malls in Auckland. You will find everything under one roof, starting from apparel to gadgets, home appliances, and kid's needs and many more.
Devonport – It is one of the historic buildings. Here you find an overwhelming collection of designer clothes, sovereign, jewelry, and gift shops.
Takapuna - Exciting marketplace in Auckland. There are around 400 shops in this place. It includes various shops, outlets, and buildings.
Food in Auckland
Auckland is very famous for a variety of food articles – Foods like Hangi, cheeseburgers, Whitebait, Rewena Bread, fish chips, Lolly cake and many more. Auckland chefs traditionally cook food and adopt a modern way of cooking to caters to the needs of food lovers.
Tips for travelers:
1.Best Time to visit Auckland – Good time to visit Auckland would be from March to May and from September to November.
2. Flight and accommodation Booking – Try and book your flight and rooms as early as possible to enjoy availability and best rates.
3. Plan your day- Keep a list of places you want to see during your visit to Auckland. Start early so that you can utilize time to the fullest.
Trip.com is your one-stop destination for all your travel needs. Trip.com provides end to end services for your overall trip. We at Trip.com facilitate right from flight booking, accommodation booking, pick and drop from airport, sightseeing, and food. Trip.com considers your taste and interest during the travel plans. We can customize travel trips as per customer needs and budgets. Our customer service executives are available 24/7 to serve you. Trip.com makes your journey an eternal experience for a lifetime.
Flights to Auckland & FAQ
What are some travel guidelines for Auckland during the COVID19 pandemic?Entry restrictions and flight schedule changes and cancellations are frequently updated and subject to change. If you plan to travel to Auckland, please obtain the most updated information from the airline you plan to book your travels with. You can also refer to COVID19 Country/Region Entry Restrictions for more information.
Which airlines offer free date changes for flights to this city during the COVID19 pandemic?There are no airlines with flights to this city that provide this service. Please use this information as a reference only and confirm with the airline prior to booking.
What is the average flight ticket price from New Zealand to Auckland?The average ticket price to Auckland is NZD466. Please use this price as a reference only.
How long is the flight to Auckland?
- Approx. 3 hours 1 minute to fly from Sydney to Auckland.
- Approx. 3 hours 44 minutes to fly from Melbourne to Auckland.
- Approx. 3 hours 6 minutes to fly from Brisbane to Auckland.
- Approx. 1 hour 4 minutes to fly from Wellington to Auckland.
How to get cheap flights to Auckland?You can book cheaper flights in the following ways:
- Search for tickets to a city or airport near Auckland.
- Look up different airlines that have flights to Auckland.
- Browse different departure dates from the same month.
- Filter for different departure times from the same day.
- Check for discount information on various social media sites.
- Explore deals and discounts on airline websites.
What is the most popular month to visit Auckland?Understanding peak and off travel seasons to Auckland can help you arrange your travel plans accordingly. The most popular month to visit Auckland is June. The average price of flight tickets to Auckland in June is NZD431.
When are flight tickets to Auckland the cheapest?Flight tickets to Auckland are the cheapest in March compared to other months, the average price is NZD2,895.
What is the transportation method from the main airport to downtown in Auckland?
- The distance from Auckland International Airport to downtown is about 17km, by taxi about 30 minutes.
Which popular airlines have flights to Auckland?
What are some popular attractions in Auckland?